Connecting Talent and Industry
The creative professionals on this programme represented just a small fraction of the creative, diverse talent that exists in the West of England.
Alongside the placement trainee programme we have and are continuing to establish a network of talent, which supports emerging creative’s professional development and connects to industry and opportunity in the region.
Routes into the creative industries are often not linear and young people need ongoing, personalised post-training/placement support to build resilience, their networks and get career advice.
Through Rife’s practice a co-created live Talent Network was designed and created with three principle goals:
- Supporting the cohort of creative professionals throughout their placement journey across hubs and for some time post-programme in addition to hub specific support.
- Creating a lasting peer network of creatives ready to work or in work
- Building resilience and supporting with overcoming barriers
.Creative Professional, 2020 cohort
Connecting to creative talent – get involved
Do you have jobs, opportunities, events, news or support that you want to reach brilliant creatives in the West of England?
Creative Workforce for the Future partner Rife Magazine has launched a new newsletter which is co-designed with the current cohort of emerging creatives, called MeshWorks, that can connect you to the talent in our networks.
If you have a job or opportunity you would like them to feature please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please don’t forget to include at least: A title, brief description, fee, contact for further information and/or web link.
If you want to sign up for the newsletter to be kept in the loop, you are very welcome to. Sign up via this link.
We have identified what support they currently access, what they think the gaps and barriers are and have generated ideas about what this programme can offer.
We have offered:
- Industry led workshops that develop creatives business skills – everything from pitching to understanding contracts
- Peer-to-peer meetups focused on building resilience and overcoming challenges
- Networking events for talent to connect with industry
- Profiling of inspirational businesses and individuals to increase awareness of the creative sector in Bristol and Bath
Want to connect to talent?
If you are interested in connecting your company to talent by:
- running a workshop
- attending a networking event
- being profiled or
- sharing an opportunity